The Chief Operating Officer & will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet the current and future needs of the organization. They will also gather and analyze operations data for the organization, supporting management and leadership in making informed and objective business and policy decisions.
Jamii provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and sales departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Business Administration or similar required.
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to create and conduct simulation models, data reduction, and trend analysis.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.