Software Services Unit (Position Code 0726)
Information Systems Analyst II: $9,249.07 - $11,840.40 monthly
Information Systems Analyst III: $10,204.13 - $13,067.60 monthly
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all new hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting).
Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to work within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date.
This position is eligible for a hybrid telework schedule, typically working 40% remote and 60% onsite.
Do you have 3+ years of experience supporting business analysis, programming, system configuration and integrations for Infor CloudSuite? Do you enjoy working closely with others to support an essential business function? If so, check out this opportunity!
The Software Services Unit is in the process of rolling out a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Infor CloudSuite to support business functions across Global Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain Management. Valley Water is looking for an experienced Information System Analyst to support and maintain CloudSuite. We are seeking someone who is a team player, versatile, and well versed with Infor CloudSuite, Lawson, or similar ERP system and has experience in business analysis, reporting, security, programming, system administration, configuration and integrations with enterprise systems.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer and provide technical and functional support to Infor CloudSuite GHR, FSM, SCM, and Expense Management.
- Perform analysis to troubleshoot and resolve system and application issues.
- Work with business users to evaluate requirements and develop technical solutions.
- In GHR, help resolve application issues relating to Benefits, Payroll, Time and Attendance, Absence Management, Health and Safety. Support GHR business processes such as hiring, benefits enrollment, timesheets, payroll, and annual COLA.
- In FCM and SCM, help resolve application issues relating to GL, AP, Requisition, Purchasing, Contracts, Budget Control, Inventory, and Projects. Support Financial functions of budget check, PO dispatch, invoice processing, inventory replenishment, journal posting, PO rollover and year end processes.
- Work directly with business users to develop ad-hoc queries and reports in list view, ISD, BI and Birst.
- Maintain and develop interfaces with internal and external systems.
- Design and develop customizations and interfaces to meet business needs.
- Develop complex processes and reports using IPA, ION, Configuration Console, ISD, BI, Birst, and Application Studio.
- Perform monthly critical update (CU) tasks including understanding of release notes, impact analysis, template updates, dEPM updates, replication sets, Birst refresh, and coordinate testing with business users.
- Administer user security.
- Perform analysis of existing business workflow and implement automation to streamline and reduce manual processes where applicable.
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.
- Level II- Three (3) years of experience supporting business analysis, programming, system configuration and integrations for enterprise systems, preferably Enterprise Content Management/ Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Level III- Five (5) years of experience supporting business analysis, programming, system configuration and integrations for enterprise systems, preferably Enterprise Content Management/ Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Experience providing day-to-day end user support, address user inquiries, and troubleshoot system issues.
- Experience supporting Human Resources and Finance business units.
- 2+ years of Infor CloudSuite or Lawson experience.
- Experience with development and maintenance of interfaces, reports, workflow automation, configuration, security, and general system administration.
- Exposure to software evaluations, negotiations with vendors and ongoing vendor management.
- Strong experience using Application Programming Interfaces is ideal.
- Evaluating software and writing functional and technical requirements.
- Some security administration experience is ideal.
Ideal Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Infor CloudSuite development tools: ION, Configuration Console, ISD, BI, Birst, IPA, Application Studio.
- Use list view, ISD, IPA, BI and Birst to develop custom reports according to user requirements.
- Provide CloudSuite technical support, including report development, system configuration, troubleshooting, security administration, and interfaces.
- Design, develop, and deploy customizations and interfaces to meet business needs.
- Perform analysis of existing business processes and leverage CloudSuite technologies to enable efficiencies and improvements.
- Provide technical support to CloudSuite business users in HR, Benefits, Payroll, Accounting, Purchasing, Budget, Warehouse, and approximately 1,000 regular users.
- Ability to recommend, design, implement, and install computer software applications.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge and experience with SaaS (Software as a Service).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge and/or experience with an ERP system, i.e. Infor-preferred, Lawson, PeopleSoft, Oracle Fusion is required.
Ideal Training and Education:
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
The Santa Clara Valley Water District, now known as Valley Water, offers a comprehensive benefit package including, vacation, holidays, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, EAP, life and disability insurance. In addition, Valley Water participates in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). To view a summary of benefits, click here